THE INNOVATION AT THE HEART OF EACH OF OUR PROGRESSIVE LENSES
Innovating in the field of optics constantly involves addressing challenges in optical design, materials and the coating of lenses.
For the Varilux® innovation approach, there can be no real innovation without a direct benefit to the individual. That is why wearers are at the heart of its approach. The Live Optics program, established in 1993, is a good illustration of this philosophy. Live Optics is the only program of its kind, meeting the specific needs of each wearer. In particular, it makes it possible to test all Varilux® lenses under real-life conditions, over several weeks, before they are launched onto the market.
To ensure your complete satisfaction, all Varilux® lenses are tested by wearers in their daily lives before being made available on the market thanks to protocols approved by an independent third party.
The Smart Blue Filter innovation is available in every progressive clear lens of the Varilux range to protect your eyes against harmful blue light.
PATH Optimizer™ provides you with a sharp vision at all distances along the viewing path and a larger near vision field.
W.A.V.E 2.0™ Technology cleans the lens from high order aberrations, you can now benefit from sharper vision, unequalled contrast and wider fields of vision in all light conditions, at every distance, for every prescription and all ages.
Did you know that 80% of wearers have a different prescription in each eye? Binocular Booster technology analyzes both right and left prescription simultaneously to provide you with seamless transitions at all distances for effortless vision.
Thanks to Swim Control Technology which reduces the period of adaptation by providing stability of vision in motion, there is no reason you should not enjoy easy vision, fast adaptation and less distortions.
Nanoptix reduces distortion by 90% allowing for stability of vision in motion and an overall natural vision. This is the end of the swim effect!
Synchroneyes calculates both lenses as a pair by taking into account the differences between the right and left prescription as well as pupil distances. It offers you a wide angle vision!
New breakthrough Xtend™ technology delivers the biggest volume of vision within arm’s reach that has ever been achieved by a progressive lens. For one gaze direction, you can now see clearly multiple targets within arm’s reach.
4D Technology takes your dominant eye into consideration and improves your reaction time.
(1) Path Optimizer™, W.A.V.E. 2.0™, Binocular Booster™, 4D technology™, Nanoptix®, Synchroneyes®, Xtend™ trademarks of Essilor International, use technology elements that are owned or under patents filings by Essilor.
(2) 194 consumer studies in which at least one pair of Varilux® lenses was worn and evaluated since 1978.
(3) Test conducted in accordance with an endorsed protocol at the Research Center 968 INSERM University Pierre et Marie Curie.
(4) 96% of wearers are satisfied with the quality of vision their Varilux® lenses give them – global studies conducted between 2009 and 2017 on 1903 wearers (n=18 studies).
(5) Path Optimizer™, W.A.V.E. 2.0™, Binocular Booster™, 4D technology™, Nanoptix®, Synchroneyes®, Xtend™ trademarks of Essilor International, use technology elements that are owned or under patents filings by Essilor.
(6) Varies per Varilux® lens type. Up to 30 inventions led to patent filings (which allowance/in-force status varies over the time and country).
(7) Most sold progressive lens brand worldwide, according to Essilor’s market calculations.